Business Process Outsourcing, or BPOs as their commonly known, undeservedly receive a very negative connotation in our country. However, BPOs contribute hugely to a region’s economy and are an integral cog in the wheel of the present business market. As such, there are quite a few BPO companies in Kolkata that work for various clients and employ a multitude of people from diverse walks of life, thus providing a livelihood and a career-starter from so many individuals and families.
Why should a company use a BPO service?
- Companies opt for BPOs because it affords them greater operational flexibility.
- Outsourcing non-core and administrative functions allows companies to reallocate their time and resources to core competencies like customer relations and product leadership, ultimately resulting in advantages over competing businesses in their industry.
- Outsourcing has become cheaper and cost-effective.
- BPO partners always strive to improve their processes by adopting the most recent technologies and practices. This allows companies access to innovative technological resources they might not have exposure to.
BPO refers to companies outsourcing their business processes to a third-party company. The primary goal is to cuts costs, free up time, and focus on core aspects of a business. There are two processes that a BPO company deals with:
- Front office: Deals with customer relation services, marketing, and sales
- Back office: Deals with internal business functions, including financial services, IT services, survey, and telecom services.
What makes you suitable to work at a BPO?
- The basic educational qualification is intermediate or 12th grade for a nontechnical voice-based BPO category job.
- Good communication skills, presence of mind, language fluency, legible accent, and a presentable voice are necessary.
- Patience in taking calls and replying to queries, interpersonal skills, and good personal skills
- Knowledge of computers, the ability to browse the internet and send and receive emails, decent accent, and expertise in M.S Office.
What are some of the advantages of working at a BPO?
- Good starting salaries with yearly periodical raises.
- Qualifications are not too stringent, and the requirement is fairly easy to meet.
- Most BPO services provide you with a pick-up-and-drop service.
- You are paid even during training.
- Some BPOs even provide and snacks and meals for their employees.
Here are 3 things to expect when working at a BPO:
- Shifting Schedules: Before joining any BPO, they will ask you this question multiple times—Are you comfortable working shifting schedules and graveyard shifts? This is an essential requirement because most BPOs in India cater to clients in the US, UK, and Australia. With a considerable time difference, there will be agents who are required to work through the night. Shift changes happen every few months.
- Teams: To service in the BPO industry, you have to learn to work in a team. Though you are evaluated on individual performance, you will be working with a team.
- Hoppers: At BPOs, you will meet people from all walks of life, and it is an enriching social experience. Admittedly, there will be people who you will want to stay 10 feet from, but there are many more with whom you will want to form lifelong relationships.
At Met Technologies, we pride ourselves in providing value to all our business standards to meet the needs of our clients. We evolve with the changing times and aim to service the client to the best of their expectations. Our BPO services are proficient in providing services like Telecom, online education, and financial domains. Our methodologies ensure we deliver business excellence and our implementation of action follows the most appropriate practice, keeping in line with the customer’s requirements and timeline. We welcome all skilled individuals dedicated to adding value to the service we provide and display the dedication we pride ourselves on. Kick-start your career with MET!!